Letter to Liam, Love Auntie Mina

When I started this blog, I had intentions of writing posts directly to Liam at some point.  Earlier this week, our good friend, Mina, sent me the sweetest message on Facebook that contained a Letter to Liam.  Brilliant!  I quickly asked permission to post her Letter on the blog.  She sparked a great idea: If you have a Letter or note that you'd like to send to Liam (it can be long or short, sweet or sassy, sentimental or funny), have at it!  Send it to me via email (if you don't have my email address, you can find it under my blogger profile) or via Facebook, and I'll add it to the blog.  I am so in love with this idea.  Thanks, Mina:

Dear Liam,

I am your Auntie Mina and i've known your papa for a very long time. 12 years to be exact. See, I am married to one of his good friends, Joey, and they go back a loooong way. You're daddy and Joey played lots of soccer together and had lots of good times growing up together. I've also known daddy through some girlfriends. All very nice, mmm, well some...but none that I thought were good enough. Your daddy is like Joey, they both have very big hearts, give the best hugs and know how to treat a woman very well. Then comes your mommy. Who absolutely, whole heartedly loves your daddy to pieces. She would tell me how crazy she was about your daddy when they first started dating, and how she couldn't believe she was with him. I kept thinking how lucky your daddy was to have her in his life, your mama is fabulous! Then they got engaged, and she was literally counting down the days until they could say "I do." We talked about their wedding plans and even though we didn't see each other much, when we did, it's like we didn't miss a beat. Mr. Joey and I got to see your mom and dad say I do, and it literally was one of the best weddings i've ever been to. They looked SO IN LOVE. I mean, you could tell that they were mad crazy in love and so HAPPY. (I know this is so gross for you to hear now, but trust me, you'll appreciate it one day.) Anyways, after that, your mommy dreamed of being a mommy. She prayed and could not wait to be able to have a little piece of her and a little piece of your daddy to hold and love. I was so fortunate to be one of the few people to know about her amazing little secret-you! Now she is glowing, all because of you, and your daddy is so excited! You are about to meet the best parents in the world. I hope you know that. Just remember, they love you more than life, and as an outsider looking in, you are the joy in their hearts. Can't wait to meet you little Liam!

Love,

Aunti Mina

Um, LOVE her.  Mina was one of the first (like, we're talking the second or third) people that I told when we found out we were pregnant.  I don't know many young women who are pregnant or have young children, but she's one of them!  She was my rock and my guide.  I'd come to her with questions and concerns, or when I just needed to share something exciting.  She was so supportive and excited from the get go.  She is one of the nicest people that I know (and we're talking genuinely sugar sweet nice).  We're lucky to have such a wonderful friend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment