A Way Back When Weekend Update

L2L, oh how I've missed you!  I'd like to say that I've been slacking on the blog solely due to the vigors of our rigorous social (because we're soooo popular) and baby preparation schedules  but I'd be 50% lying.  I've also been suffering from pregnancy enduced laziness resulting from sore feet and a baby that's sucking all of energy out of me.

Here's what we did last, last weekend.


I made banana bread.  We already had a baked breakfast item on the kitchen counter, so I put these two loaves in the freezer.  I forgot to take an after picture. Pregnancy brain is REAL, people!

I made "Muffins That Taste Like Donuts."  For reals, that's the title of the recipe.  And yes, they do taste like donuts.  In the bowls above: frosting (totally my idea!), butter, and a sugar and cinnamon mixture. 

Josh REALLY loved the muffins.  Personally, I prefer my muffins to be moist.  But since these were meant to taste like donuts, they also had the consistency of donuts.  Josh polished them off all by himself.  My little champ.

I made chocolate chip scones.  They were surprising easy and super tasty.  The second time around I'm going to add less chips.  But the recipe lends itself to adding other accent ingredients, like blueberries or cranberries.

Lastly, I made rice krispie treats.  Delish! 

We spend Sunday afternoon completing the FINAL nursery project.  Yes, that is my husband cutting-out fabric.  He also drew and cut-out the templates.  I'm a lucky lady!

How cute is he?!  He didn't even complain about the pink scissors.


I'm so thankful to have a husband that can draw.  My skills rival that of a 3rd grader.

The final product.  We got the frames from Michael's during their dollar days, so they were 50% off.  Pregnancy has made me a cheap deal seeker, and I like it.  These little guys are my favorite thing in the nursery.  I'm so smitten.

I'm sure we did something else that weekend, but it was a long time ago (a whole week and a half), and I'm PREGNANT (read: my memory is shot).

0 comments:

Post a Comment